‘Many things have to change course, but it is we human beings above all who need to change.’ (Laudato Si’ 202)
As we continue celebrating this year’s Season of Creation, it is a good time to pause and reflect on how we have celebrated the season of creation with our lives. We may probably realise that we would like to do more or may have even forgotten about it considering how uncertain and stressful the last couple of months have been. The good news is that it is never too late to stop for a moment, reflect on God’s creation and to be God’s stewards through our daily actions.
Here are a few simple ideas on how we can cherish and thank God for his marvellous creation:
- Say grace before meals.
- Plan your shopping: make a list and remember to take it with you!
- Consider donating to food bank and charity shops. Most charity shops are now open and many people need our help.
- Wear reusable masks instead of disposable ones.
- Use environmentally friendly products and packaging.
- Read and share a Laudato Si’ quote with friends, community and family.
- Join and support community or parish initiatives.
- Walk or ride your bike instead of driving.
- Admire nature – the beauty of autumn leaves, for example.
- Say a little prayer for someone.
- Look around you… God is everywhere! Let us give thanks for the blessings of today.